Based out of Montreal, Canada Secret Sun is the collective effort of Simon Landry and Anne-Marie Campbell. After almost a year of writing together they teamed up with producers François Lafontaine and Sebastien Blais-Montpetit to release a debut EP. This was followed up with the album, ‘Cold Coast’ in September 2014.
1. How did you get started?
We met at a barbecue. Our first conversation revolved around music and starting a band. Guess it was just meant to be.
2. What ingredients do you need to mix together to produce the recipe of your sound?
AMC’s voice, Simon’s guitars, vintage keyboards, lots of melody, lots of reverb, hip hop inspired beats and, of course, magic.
3. Did your first gig make you hungry for more?
Definitely. Shows are a bit addictive in nature. Our first concert was in a tiny café. We could only move forward from there!
4. What’s the biggest ‘cock up’ to date?
Our latest press photo shoot. We thought we could improvise on the fly, using film. We ended up keeping nothing. We had this prop, a fire torch. I guess we can blame it on that: not easy to stay cool with fire blowing next to your face!
5. What is it that inspires you to make your music/sound?
Anne-Marie would say adventure, love, landscape, and star-filled skies. Simon would say something cooler, like Montreal.
7. How will you be remembered? (what will make you vintage?)
Oh, you know, everything. But hopefully our songs and songwriting skills will be memorable.
8. Describe your music as if it were a fine wine.
This wine is red, light and complex, expressive and elegant, with a taste that lingers. Let it breathe, and serve on a date.
9. Digestive! If you weren’t doing what you are doing now, what would make you happy?
We’d own an awesome restaurant.
10. AfterMint! Does your musical style influence your underwear?
I’m glad you asked. Our underwear is getting sexier by the minute!
More info http://secretsun.bandcamp.com